Volunteer at Wild Basin
At Wild Basin, we love our volunteers! Volunteers assist with land management, trail maintenance, school guided hikes and activities, citizen science and ecological monitoring, administrative tasks, and more. If you are interested in learning more about volunteer opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out this Volunteering Interest Google Form.
Monthly Weekend Workdays - Every third Saturday. Use the link for details and to sign up.
Apply for your most rewarding internship.
Internships are a great way to apply knowledge from the classroom to real world experience. This experience will not only give you an edge over other candidates when applying for jobs, it will also prepare you for what to expect in your field, increase confidence in your work, and help build your professional network.
Wild Basin Creative Research Center internships are open to students from any high school, college or university who have a love for the natural world and an interest in conserving and protecting the environment.
Student Internship Opportunities at Wild Basin: Spring 2024
* Most opportunities require a time commitment of ~10 hours/week
Research-Based Internship Opportunities - Currently filled
- Assist with projects involving the ecological monitoring of plant and animal communities in the face of global change.
Communications & Outreach Internship Opportunities - Currently filled
- Create social media posts & flyers to promote Wild Basin Creative Research Center
- Assist with outreach activities, education, and special events
- Support Administrative Coordinator with a variety of office tasks
Land Stewardship Internship Opportunities - Currently filled
- A hands-on experience working outdoors to assist with the management of an urban wilderness preserve, public hiking trails and the section of Bee Creek that flows through Wild Basin Wilderness Preserve.
Education Internship Opportunities - Currently filled
- Assist with environmental education programs with the general public, SEU campus community, and underserved youth.